Thursday, June 3, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-SEVEN OF COOKING COURSE

 What a day!  I need a day that is relaxing.  Today was not that day.  

I had to get up super early to get Lucky to the veterinarians office by 7 am.  She needed to check in for her dental appointment.  I got back home and had breakfast.  Then I went for a walk.  Around 11 am I got a phone call from the vet and he said Lucky's appointment went well.  She had a lot of plaque but only one bad tooth.  Only one!  That is the least amount of teeth she has had removed in all the years she has been with me.  But now she has tipped the scale. She now has less teeth than she had pulled out.  

I was told to come and pick her up at 1:30.  I showed up and she had her catheter in.  I was told to come back in an hour but call first.  I called at 2:30 and they said come at 3:00pm.  So you can see where my day went.

Finished my Seaweed Cracker plating.  This includes garlic fermented cream cheese, smoked mushrooms, pickled spring onions and greens.  I was wary that this would not taste good.  I don't like onions, I didn't like the taste of the fermented cream cheese before I flavored it and I don't like nori seaweed.  But I was surprised how good it all tasted when it was put together.  I ate all three crackers that I made.  I am going to make more tomorrow they are that good.




The last picture was me smoking the mushrooms with my new smoker.  So cool. 

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!