Sunday, June 6, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-NINE OF COOKING COURSE

 Today was the day I flavored the kombucha.  To do that I had to take out the scoby (which is the slimy disk that was put in the jar to make the kombucha) and put it in another jar to save it until I want to make kombucha again.  Then I put some dates and peaches in the remaining liquid for 24-48 hours.  At that point I should have a fizzy peach flavored kombucha.  Fingers crossed.

Lucky has been very unhappy that I took her toys away since her dental surgery.  The dentist didn't want her to pull her stitches out so he asked me to take her toys away for a few days.  This is the look I have been getting:

She wants to play but with no toys she is confused. She sits there and she stares at me and whines.  Today I gave her the toys back.  She wore me down.  I think her stitches should be fine today.  

We went on another walk today.  On our way back I remembered that a local street concert was happening a block from my house.  It was on our walk so we went by.  People were pretty much bunched up so Lucky and I stood 20 feet away from the others to listen for a bit.  It was some okay folk music.  We stayed for two songs.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!