Friday, June 4, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED THIRTY-EIGHT OF THE COOKING COURSE

 I have been having issues with my hands, feet and legs.  I thought being back on the Orencia would help but so far it has not.  I am not sure what is going on.  I wonder if it is still blow back from the vaccine or from going off the Orencia.  

I also have a weird bump on my left shin.  It doesn't show if you are looking at my shin except for a red sort of mark or rash.  I can feel the bump when I touch it.  It also hurts when I touch it and when I walk.  It is very bizarre.  At first I thought I banged my leg on something but a bruise never showed up and I bruise for any reason.  Then I thought maybe I got bitten or something but there is no sign of a bite or puncture.  I think if it is still the same way next week, I may have to call a doctor.  It is right in the area where I cross my legs so it is a bit of a pain.  

Last night I heard a loud bang.  It was garbage night so I didn't think too much about it.  Today I went in the garage to get something and found the cabinet that holds all my paint, etc. broken and paint cans all over the floor.  I guess the last time the handyman was in the cabinet he was less than delicate in how he put the paint cans in the cabinet and last night the cabinet "called it a day".  All the shelves collapsed on each other and the back panel was broken.  Three paint cans opened slightly when they crashed to the ground and there was paint on the ground drying.  Granted the cabinet was not the most secure but I thought it would last longer.  I have to have paint type items locked up if I have foster kids in my home.  So, I guess I need to figure out what to do about this.  I cleaned up the paint as best as I could and stacked and closed the paint cans.

I finished the Harvest Bowl dish today.  It included the items I made in the last week: Fermented Cream Cheese (I flavored it with lemon), Tomato Crisps, Turmeric Sauerkraut, Savory Herb Granola and a vinaigrette. Today I made Massaged Kale and Romesco Sauce.  Then I put it all together in a Harvest Bowl.  

Dehydrating the Romesco Sauce

Harvest Bowl

I took a walk in the middle of all of this.  

Update  on Lucky:  She had a really rough night.  She didn't eat anything until this morning.  She had horrible diarrhea until 2 am.  She kept crying and staring at me wanting me to fix it.  Of course I could not.  The doctor told me she was not allowed to eat hard food and play with toys for a few days.  She is not liking this.  She did go to the park today under strict orders to not chew on anything and no hard treats.  Tonight she seems much better after eating two meals.

 Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!