Thursday, June 24, 2021

MADE SOME SPICY PEANUT DIP FOR THE WEEKEND

 Today was a day of planning on what to cook next since I have one recipe left in my chapter but the avocado I need is not ripe yet so I have to wait.  I was going to go on to the next chapter but the first thing to cook was a bit intimidating and I had so little time, I called it off.  Tomorrow seems like I will have more time.

I had a webinar this morning and then a doctor's appointment on zoom.  The doctor's appointment was my gut doctor that I had the appointment with last week but the new scheduling system got messed up and my appointment got lost.  We met today and all is good.  I have a tentative colonoscopy scheduled for November but that all depends on where things are with Covid.  November is a long way off in Covid time.  The doctor is so funny.  She wants to hear all about my cooking adventures.  I keep telling her that I should let her go and she asks more questions about what I am cooking.  

I made some of the Spicy Peanut Dip that I made months ago for this weekend.  It is Gay Pride weekend and since I am inside and there are no festivities, I am watching some of the GLBT festival movies.  I bought eight movies and watched two of them already.  I have six left to watch.  Some are longer than others.  The one I watched tonight was funny and then saddish at the end.  It was about an old drag queen/hairdresser who was in an old age home.  He used to be quite well to do with a boyfriend, a big house and business.  Then his boyfriend died of AIDS and it got around the small town they lived in and no one would come to the business so he lost everything.  That is only part of the story.  It was called Swan Song.  I liked it but it moved  slowly.  Don't watch it if you are tired. 

Lucky and I walked over a mile today.  She was sound asleep after our walk.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!