Sunday, July 8, 2012

JUST A FUN BLOGGER CHALLENGE - Day 8

If you had all the money in the world where would you live and why?

I grew up on the East Coast and as much as I love the energy and the people, I never felt comfortable.  I wanted to live on the West Coast my whole life.  I tried to go to college in California but could not get into the school I wanted.  A few years after college I was given the opportunity to move and I jumped.  I love living on the West Coast.  Life is different here.  Things are a little slower (not as slow as the South) than the East Coast. People are more committed on the West Coast.  There is a reason that there is a saying "Where California goes so goes the nation".  California leads on many things.  We have been composting as a state before anyone else.  I tell my family that we compost and they think we are crazy! They ask: You put your table scraps in a bucket in your kitchen and then you dump it in a bin that the city picks up??  Doesn't it stink?  You recycle more than glass bottles, cans and newspaper?  You pay attention to when you run your dishwasher and washing machine to save energy?

I love living in the West!  I would not want to live anywhere else.


Tomorrow's Challenge: Favorite book and why?

Medical Update: I am back on Enbrel!  It will take a while to see if it is doing any good or bad.  My ankle is feeling okay. The doc says it seems to be coming along fine.  My finger has gone back to a regular color but still hurts a bit.  I still have a fever...


Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Hope the enbrel gives you some relief. I was going to try to reply to all your monthly blogs as a challenge for me but haven't been brilliant. I too still have a fever but I digress.
    My favourite place to live is any where with my husband who is my rock. We have travelled all over the world before I got too ill. We thought of settling in Greece (love the endless golden sand and ancient history) or maybe Antigua (where my husband comes from) but decided that we like England the best even though the weather isn't great - there is something about all the trees and countryside.
    Take care
    Lorna x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. England is so lovely. Lived there for 6 months. Loved it. Even all the rain! When I was younger we took a houseboat up the Thames as a family. That was a hoot. All those locks.

      You have a fever too? Do they know why you have a fever?

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!