Saturday, July 21, 2012

JUST A FUN BLOGGER CHALLENGE - Day 20

Worst memory from primary school.


Before I write my blogger challenge, I want to send my thoughts to all those involved in the Aurora shooting today. It was a horrible situation. One of my clients has a office in Aurora so it was a tense morning waiting to hear if anyone was involved. It was a relief to hear no one was at the that theater last night.

This actually reminds me of a bad memory from college that I had not thought of in years. While I took the college route my dear friend Sean followed in his brothers footsteps and joined the Marines. I had just mailed him a letter when it came on the news on October 23, 1983 that the Marine Barracks in Beirut Lebanon was bombed. For days Sean was MIA (missing in action) because he had not stayed in his room that night but stayed in someone else's room. Finally they confirmed that he was dead. It took weeks before my letter was returned. Getting that letter back was more painful than hearing he died. Knowing that if I had written the letter a few days earlier he would have gotten it tore me up. He died not knowing I cared.

My worst memory of primary school besides my dad leaving my mom, had to be bitten by the class rabbit. I reached for rabbit when he hid under the table. He bit my hand and I had to get a tetanus shot. Worst day of grade school!

Third worse day was the day I got sent home with lice! Some girl had a really cute hat. I wanted to try it on. I did. I got her lice. I had REALLY long hair. Once the lice was gone, I didn't have long hair anymore. Sad.

Tomorrow's Challenge: Three things I want to improve about myself.

Until tomorrow...PEACE

2 comments:

  1. I had forgotten until you wrote about your memory from primary school that I had been bitten by the class hamster. Golly did that hurt. Those four little teeth sunk completely in on my finger and I was waving my finger around trying to get him to let go.

    But that's not my worst memory. It was also animal-related. We had a litter of baby gerbils. So adorable. I was in trouble and didn't get to go outside at recess and had to stay I the classroom. I had one of the babies out, was playing with him when I dropped him. He landed on the hard floor and then just started to convulse. He died shortly later. I aw so upset that I had let it happen. I was also ashamed because I had to tell the whole class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must have been terrible having to tell the whole class!

      Delete

Would love to hear what you have to say!