Wednesday, July 18, 2012

JUST A FUN BLOGGER CHALLENGE - Day 18

Worst memory from college.

My worst memory from college is my roommate situation.  As a freshman I was in a triple room.  That meant I had two roommates.  We were one of two triples on the whole floor.  It was awful.  One girl drank wine from a large glass through a straw and only listened to the Rolling Stones (24/7) and the other girl had so much time on her hands she ironed her sheets.  The girl who drank didn't make it past the first semester. We then got another roommate and she was a partier!  She and I had a blast but she didn't help me being on academic probation. The girl who ironed didn't make it past the first year.  The funny thing is that I was the only one who graduated! 

The second year I moved into a double by myself. That was my best roommate year!

The third year I moved in with a friend for the fall semester and then did a semester abroad.  My roommate in London was interesting.  One afternoon I was taking a nap with my Walkman playing with the headphones on my head and I guess she thought I wasn't using it anymore and she proceeded to take it off my head to use it.  Who does that?

When I returned to school for my fourth year, my roommate from the fall and I were supposed to room together again.  I don't know what happened when I was away but she got weird and our friendship fell apart. She ended up moving out and taking me and the other roommates to small claims court for not paying the phone bill! During the spring semester of my fourth year I did a semester in Washington, DC and I had a roommate who thought it would be funny to put granola in my bed one night.  She thought that was a gas!

My fifth year was okay.  I roomed with people who were not friends but acquaintances.  That worked out better.

Lesson learned for me: I don't like living with roommates.  I have lived with some wack-a-doodle people who have some issues communicating. 

What is your worst memory from college?  Come on you must have one.  Drinking too much (yeah, I did that!), bad boyfriend situation (I had too many of those), bad grades (you already heard about my grades!) or something else?  Come on share...



Tomorrow's Challenge: Best memory from primary school.

Medical Update: I see the ankle doc tomorrow.  My ankle is feeling better but not perfect.  Wish me luck!


Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!