Monday, July 30, 2012

JUST A FUN BLOGGER CHALLENGE - Day 29

Most admired celebrity - what reason


My most admired celebrity is Bono from the band U2. His songs are written to make people think and act. He is one of the most charitable celebrities. He started one.org, a nonprofit organization working toward ending the debt of third world countries, ending poverty and working toward ending AIDS and HIV. This is important because most third world countries can only afford to pay the interest on the debt. They never get to pay down the balance. (just like some of us and our credit cards!) So the debt keeps growing. To pay the interest many countries are unable to give their citizens needed services like health care. If they will never be able to pay the debt back, why not forgive the debt and let them start over? That way they can use the money to get their country out of poverty and dire health care problems.

Bono does so much and rarely takes credit. I have a lot of respect for him. He could just go on stage and play music and that would be all we expect. Instead he wants to make the world a better place, sings songs about it and puts his money where his mouth is. That is why I chose Bono as my most admired celebrity.

If you are interested check out http://www.one.org

Okay, I have Olympic fever! I am glued to my TV and my iPad. NBC has this app that allows me to watch the competitions on my iPad real time. So I am hooked. Archery, dressage, gymnastics, swimming, diving and fencing. I am not a fan of the team sports like basketball and soccer.

Poor Michael Phelps. He just seems tired and like his heart is not in it. I hope he finds his passion whether that is swimming or something else.

Tomorrow's Challenge: Favourite comfort food

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!