Tuesday, July 10, 2012

JUST A FUN BLOGGER CHALLENGE - Day 10

Mountain, beach, desert, or plains? Which is your favorite?

I have to live near water.  I have spent my whole life near water.  I have lived in Massachusetts, Washington, DC, London, Philadelphia, New York, New Jersey, and the West Coast.  See a common thread?  Okay, they are all cities (except New Jersey and Massachusetts) but they are all water states/countries.  Maybe it is because I am a water sign?  Not that I have to live on a beach. I am not sure I would like to live on a beach.  I don't really like sand.  I hate getting sand on my  wet body.  I hate sand in my bathing suit.  I am not a fan of going to the beach.  I end up sneezing because I think I am allergic to sand.  I really am!  I sneeze at the beach.  Crazy I know.


I like mountains but that means you have to climb them.  I am not a fan of climbing them.  Too much energy.  Every couple of years my family goes skiing and it is just enough time to remind me why I don't like mountains.  They are cool to look at but suck to climb.  I try to ski but I am not a very good skier.  A few ski trips ago I allowed peer pressure from my family allow me to go further up a mountain than I was comfortable.  I ended up falling and being taken down by ski patrol.  Oh, what fun!  The MOST embarrassing moment.  I strained my muscle/ligament in my hip.  No more skiing that week.

The dessert is fun for a vacation.  We go to the dessert every couple of years with my parents.  It is nice but you have to go at the right time of year or it is too hot.  Who wants to live somewhere where it is 110 degrees?  Yuck!

I have never lived in the plains but I will direct you to paragraph #1.  I have a need to be near water.  Yes, I know there is water in the middle of the USA.  Just not big bodies of water, like oceans.  I have heard there is a lake in Michigan that looks like an ocean.  Still it is not an ocean.  I don't think I could live in the plains.

So I am a beach/water person. 

What are you?  Do you like the mountains? The beach?  Plains?  Or Dessert? 

Tomorrow's Challenge: What do you love on your pizza? Why do you love it? Deep dish or thin crust?

Medical Update: Went to eye doctor today and didn't need to get my eyes dilated!  Yay!  I have been off the Plaquinel for so many months my eyes are safe from the harmful effects of the dreaded Plaquinel. If I stay off it, I don't have to go back to the eye doctor for one year, just like a regular person.  Yippee! 


Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I love being near the ocean, but I love being in or near the mountains, too. The solution? Live in the Pacific Northwest, where there are mountains right up to the sea's edge! Sure, it rains a lot in the PNW, but when the sun comes out, the world is green and sparkling...

    Someday I'm going to live there again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been in Americas, only Europe and Northern Africa!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!