Saturday, October 16, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED NINETY-TWO OF COOKING COURSE

 I finally got through to Ikea to order my new desk! It turns out there is a problem on their website with the zip code. Every time I changed the zip code to my zip code, it said my address didn't match my zip code. The zip code was wrong. After another 45 minutes of trying all sorts of things to figure out what was wrong, I bought the items with the wrong zip code and called Ikea to get the zip code changed. That was another 45 minutes with customer service to make another order with the right zip code, cancel the first order and then pay for the second order. My new desk will show up tomorrow.

Then I spent two hours in 80 degree weather disassembling my current desk. I had to take everything off the desk first. Then I had to move my computer, phone, etc. to somewhere safe during the transition. Then I had to take apart the desk. This is the fourth time I took apart this desk so I know how to do it. This is the first time I did it myself and it went well until the very end. I tried to turn the desk on it's side and it fell apart and tore the side out of the screws. Oh, well it is going to the dump/recycling anyway. I took many of the pieces downstairs but two of the pieces are large and heavy and I don't want to move them twice.

Lucky and I took two short walks in the heat.

I heated up and plated the ribollita from yesterday. It tastes to delicious.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!