Tuesday, October 5, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY-FIVE OF COOKING COURSE

 I started the Contemporary Italian Cuisine course by first making almond butter. Making this almond butter has made me realize that my purchase of the Vitamix blender was probably not the best. I got a lower end Vitamix blender which is probably great for making smoothies and Margaritas but is awful for making things like hazelnut butter. I need a much stronger blender to do the things I need to do. I tried to save money but that didn't work. I am going to wait until Amazon sale days and get a much better blender. 

Then I made some cannoli for my neighbor and took them over to them to try.

Then I roasted some tomatoes in the oven and blended them up to make a chunky sauce.

Then I took two large tomatoes and sliced just the skins and put them in boiling water for a short time and then into ice water. Then once cold I took off the skins (boy is that like something out of a horror movie!) and diced them. This is waiting until tomorrow to do the next part.

That was basically my day of cooking until my dinner time. 

I made a double decker vegan burger.

This is not the best photo and I tried to fix it but the lighting was off and made it too yellow. The burger tasted awesome.

Lucky and I went on two walks today for about 2,500 steps. I did some work.

We had another food delivery to get some needed stuff for this chapter. I went in my garage and found my last bottle of wine from my birthday party in 2019. I don't drink so when people give me wine I just store it and re-gift it. Now I am going to use an expensive bottle of Pinot Grigio for cooking. Oh, well. It is being sacrificed for a good cause. Italian food. I need to find me an alcohol dealer. The last person who helped me with alcohol bought me expensive bottles of wine. I need the Costco bottles of wine since I am using them for cooking.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!