Saturday, October 2, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY-TWO OF COOKING COURSE

Today was a lovely hot day and I spent most of it in the kitchen cooking.  I want to finish this multi step dessert tomorrow and I had to do a number of things today to make that happen.  I wanted to finish it today but I soon realized that was a non-starter.

First I made the almond milk to make the ricotta cheese. I took the almond milk and did some stuff and then had to let the stuff drain through cheese cloth and a sieve for an hour. At which time I took Lucky for a long walk.  Then when I got back I could do the next step and get it in the fridge overnight.

Second I took the mixture I made the other day with the pistachio paste and put it in the ice cream maker to make salty pistachio ice cream.  That had to churn for 30 min. During which I washed dishes to get ready for the next dish.  The ice cream is incredible.

Thirdly I boiled some stuff and made a gel that is now solidifying in the downstairs fridge until tomorrow when I will finish.

That was my day. I had to eat lunch so I made a Thai curry nugget burrito. It was quite good. I never thought to put curry in a burrito before. Well, it wasn't curry but curry flavored nuggets and red curry paste.

Lucky and I went for two walks today. A long walk around noon and a short walk around 6pm.  It was so nice outside.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!