Saturday, October 30, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED NINETY-FOUR OF COOKING COURSE

 I finally finished the Contemporary Italian Cuisine chapter of my Vegan Cooking Course. I am so excited. This chapter was just not much fun.  I don't know why but maybe because I already did an Italian cooking chapter and an Italian pastry chapter. I am looking for something different. I have the cooking course for another year so I have more time to finish the remaining chapters and see what other chapters they come up with. 

I made over the last few days: Roasted Vegetable Plate. This is not the roasted vegetable plate I get in restaurants. This is fancy. The bottom layer was potato mash but not American potato mash. This was potato with lemon juice and zest. Then it was supposed to have spring onions and chives. I left those out because I don't eat onions. The next layer was wine poached leek and a roasted shallot. I did not eat the shallot. Then roasted vegetables with hazelnut breadcrumbs on top. I made the hazelnut breadcrumbs. Then there are crunchy lentils to add some crunch. Then I made my own vegetable jus. There was supposed to be onion jus but between my dislike of onions and the salmonella going around, I thought it best to skip this. It tasted amazing. The roasted veggies were cauliflower, celery root and pumpkin. It had so many elements that really went so well together.

Basically that was the whole day. I just finished watching The Farewell. I really liked it a lot. I took Lucky for the first walk since my 3 mile trek that hurt my legs. We did fine. I think I will get back to walking. It rained all day but not hard. The backyard looks great.

Until tomorrow...


2 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks good. Sheryl and i will be there at 4:30 PM tomorrow, I will want mine extra hot. :)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!