Saturday, October 9, 2021

DAY ONE HUNDRED EIGHTY-NINE OF COOKING COURSE

 Today was a blow to my cooking confidence.  I have been a pretty confident cook/baker up until now. Today shook that confidence. First, I made Sweet Roasted Eggplant (aubergine) and it seemed okay but it took three times as long to cook as the directions said. I am still not convinced it is cooked. I can't taste it because I found out I am allergic to eggplant last year. I just have to trust it is cooked.

 I then cooked Farinata which is a crispy pancake made from chickpea flour. My farinata cooked three times as long as the directions. It is not as thin as the directions but it tastes good. I will see what it looks like in the morning. 

 All of these issues shook my confidence. I usually have at least one recipe come out well but having two come out so oddly kind of shook me. I need a recipe to work tomorrow to bring back my confidence.

No time to do anything but laundry and take a soaking bath. My legs were so sore this morning from my long walk yesterday that I could barely walk this morning. The bath helped. Lucky was not impressed. She wanted a walk.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!