Friday, October 29, 2021

BACKYARD PROGRESS

 My backyard looks amazing! I couldn't get a photo because the gardener finished when it was dark. He worked for 11.5 hours and he isn't done. I wish I took a photo before he started. It was such a mess. The ivy was overgrown, there were leaves everywhere, there were weeds all over and it was complete disarray. The first day he cleaned up the leaves and started cutting down the ivy. Today he cut down the rest of the ivy, trimmed some trees, weeded the sand pit and herb garden, and swept up. He has some more weeding to do, cleaning up a little and he is going to power wash the slate. I am so excited to get the backyard in a place I want to spend time again. He even spoke to my neighbor about trimming his tree where it comes over the property line. I hate his pine tree because some of it is dead and it drops the dead parts on my side of the fence all year long.  

The ivy is cut back to the fence and it isn't pretty but I am happy to get rid of the ivy anyway I can. I can't stand it. I can't understand why anyone would plant it.

The big "mother-in-law tongue" plant is gone. It was beautiful when it was put in but then it continued to grow and grow. It grew too big for the space. It was also dying a bit. He dug it out and got rid of it. The area looks so much bigger now. I can't wait to see what else we can do to make it a wonderfully relaxing space.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. We had to take our mother in law tongue out this year as well. Like you say it was nice when put in, and it just overgrew the location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The yard looks so much better without it. I am so happy I had it removed. In the spring I will find something smaller to put in the place.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!