Friday, February 5, 2021

YUP, MY CAR WOULDN'T START

 Okay, it finally happened.  I went out to my car and it wouldn't start.  The battery was just about dead. There was not enough charge to start the car.  The car was stuck and I was unable to get to the post office to get my weekly mail.  More importantly I had outgoing mail that needed to be postmarked today.

I had to call for service and get the battery charged.  The battery is fairly new so all it needed was to be charged and run for 30 minutes.  All is good now.  

I ended up having to stalk the postman to make sure the mail was picked up and sent on it's way.  

Since my day was sent into chaos, I decided I was not in the right head space to start my Thai cooking course.  Instead I started watching a Netflix movie The Dig.  I won't say much because it was so good.  It is a true story about a British woman who, pre-WWII, decided to hire an amateur archeologist to dig on her land. It may sound boring but it isn't. There is so much to the story.  Then to find out the story is true was fascinating.  I recommend it highly.

Since I was not starting the Thai chapter, I thought I would swap what I was going to cook tomorrow and do it today.  I made vegan TVP (textured vegetable protein) chili and corn bread.  

It is very good.  It isn't the best chili I ever made but I never made chili with TVP before. It adds a different taste to the chili.  I am ready for Superbowl Sunday.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!