Tuesday, February 9, 2021

DAY FORTY-FIVE OF COOKING COURSE

 Today was busy!  I cooked two things.  

First I made Yam-Spicy Mushroom Salad.  It does not have yams in it as I thought.  It is called Yam and it is a salad with mushrooms and veggies.  It is also a warm salad.  The spice comes from the dressing that goes over it.  Boy, was it spicy for me!  The veggies cooled it down.  It was so delicious I ate the whole thing right after taking this photo.

Then after I cleaned up from the salad, I started making Fresh Spring Rolls and Dipping Sauce.  These are different than the fried spring rolls in that they are not fried.  

The spring rolls have the same ingredients as the friend spring rolls and those ingredients are cooked in a wok for a few minutes.  The ingredients are tofu, veggies, and glass noodles.  Then they are rolled in a brown rice wrapper.  The dipping sauce is almost the same as the dressing on the salad.  I ate all the fresh spring rolls, they were so good.  Yum!

I got another delivery today.  I got my bird watching book.  I saw a woodpecker two days ago. I have never seen a woodpecker near my home before. It was so exciting.  I wanted to look it up and read about it.  But I need to have a guide near the door if I see it again.  I have it narrowed down to two woodpeckers.  Woody is not one of them.  It is either an Acorn or a Nuttail woodpecker.  I have to see the woodpecker again to be sure.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!