Tuesday, February 2, 2021

DAY FORTY-THREE OF COOKING COURSE

 Last day of sushi!  Today I made a Sushi Cake.  At first I was a bit suspect of making a cake of sushi but it turned out pretty good.  It was about 12 steps and took a bit of time but by now I was used to these steps. 

One of the many steps was to make carrot flowers.  I watched the video of the woman making her flowers and she used a tiny cookie cutter.  I do not have a tiny cookie cutter so I had to free hand cut carrots.  They ended up being very new age flowers.

The sushi cake includes sushi rice, black rice, tofu scramble, and veggies.  I did not have a sushi cake bowl so I used a vase to make the cake. I did not have lotus root so I used water chestnuts.  I could not find beet juice but I found a child's juice that had beet juice in it and used that to dye the water chestnuts pale pink.  I found that the ability to improvise is helping me get through this cooking course.  

The sushi cake turned out pretty good and tastes really great.

It is Groundhog Day and I hear he saw his shadow so there will be six weeks more winter.  Okay. Great.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!