Saturday, February 6, 2021

DAY FORTY-FOUR OF COOKING COURSE

 I got my certificate for finishing the Japanese/Ramen course!  There was a test and I passed with 100%.  I made sushi rice so many times, I know the recipe by heart.  

Now I am on to the Thai course. Today I made Fried Spring Rolls.  Once again I had to improvise and used rice paper wrappers instead of the regular spring roll wrappers.  It made it a little harder but they turned out great and tasted amazing.  There was so much flavor!  I put all the ingredients (red cabbage, tofu, carrots, cucumber, mushrooms, and glass noodles) in my trusty wok and cooked them up.  Then I put those ingredients in the wrappers and back in the wok to get fried up.  

It made about seven of them and I am not ashamed to say they are all in my stomach.  Yes, I ate them all for what my family calls Linner (lunch and dinner combined).  

I started watching a Netflix series called Firefly Lane.  I think I read the book years ago.  So far it is good.  I finally finished The Magicians. That was awesome and I am sad they are not filming another season.

I took my car to get the mail and parked to let it run for 15 minutes before I came home.  I do not want to have to call for service again.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!