Friday, February 26, 2021

DAY FIFTY-NINE OF COOKING COURSE

 This morning I decided to make a Crispy Tofu Noodle Soup from a magazine recipe.  I wanted some food that will last a few meals.  I found this awesome soup recipe and I had most of the ingredients.  I traded out some of the ingredients like the tofu. I didn't have plain tofu but I had tofu that was already flavored and cooked.  I took some soy sauce and soaked the tofu before I fried it.  It changed the flavor of the tofu. Then I didn't have the chard in the recipe but I had some kale so I used that instead. I like to take a recipe and switch up the ingredients with what I have available. The soup tastes great.

I took a break during lunchtime and watched the last two episodes of WandaVision.  I am starting to understand it a little.

I wanted to make a Banh Mi from the cooking course but I realized I was missing an ingredient. So, I made a dessert instead. I made a Mango Jelly.  It is a vegan jelly with fresh mango on the bottom layer and the top layer is a sweet coconut cream topped with toasted coconut.  It isn't super sweet but refreshing.  I enjoyed it very much.

 I went to turn on my front door light and it was burnt out.  I can't remember the when I put in that light bulb but it had to be a long time because there was painter's tape on the light from when I had the house painted. That was almost two years ago.  I put the same type of light bulb in again.  I guess it has a long life. It also seemed lighter but I think it is just because I washed the light cover off. There was a ton of dirt and bug stuff in the cover.  I also had to WD40 the screws because the painters tightened the screws so much I had to use pliers to loosen them. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!