Friday, February 19, 2021

DAY FIFTY-THREE OF COOKING COURSE

 What a morning!  I went down to start my car and you guessed it, it didn't start.  The battery was dead yet again.  I called for service and they came right out.  This time I told them I don't care what your recommendation is I want a new battery straight away.  He said I could take the battery down and get it recharged since it had practically no charge left.  I said no thank you.  All I can envision is I am waiting in line to get my vaccination and my car won't start because the battery conks out.  No thank you.  Just give me a new one right now.  Then he showed me what to do if I can't drive it for a few weeks.  There is a trick to keep your battery from running down and you don't have to get a drip thingy or take your battery out.  I don't think I will have to do it but good to know.

Of course I missed my window to get to the post office.  I also set my alarm off because I was so distracted when my car wouldn't start. Crazy morning.

Once everything calmed down, I made a lovely curry.  Yes, another one. It is the last curry in this chapter.  I am so happy.  This curry was kind of fun.  It was Panang Curry with Jackfruit "Meatballs".  The meatballs were more like fritters we make in the USA.  The curry was made tofu, mushrooms, baby corn and coconut milk and then it is poured over the meatballs.  The meatballs were made from jackfruit, soy sauce and tempura flour. They are then fried until they are golden.  I used canned jackfruit so I didn't have to crack open that large fruit.  The curry was too spicy for me (I ate a little) but the jackfruit fritters were really good.  Who doesn't like fried food?  

Once again I gave some to my friend S and to the dog walker.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!