Wednesday, February 10, 2021

DAY FORTY-SIX OF COOKING COURSE

 I cooked two items today.  First I made Glass Noodle Soup.  It is a comfort soup like chicken noodle without the chicken.  It has tofu, cabbage, carrots, celery, mushrooms and glass noodles.  It was easier to make than I thought. Although my dog walker told me he thought it was hard to make so maybe I am getting better at making complicated recipes.  It was so delicious.  My dog walker said "very good!"  I gave him some to take home.  

Then I made Papaya Salad.  This was a bit complicated.  First I had no green papaya so I followed the instructor's directions and used cucumber. Where am I going to get a green papaya during a covid lock down? It was time to make due.  I also didn't have any long beans.  So, it is a covid papaya salad! 

The dressing was supposed to have 1-3 red chili's.  I put in 1/2 of a chili and the dressing burnt my mouth.  I had to keep eating peanuts to cool it down.  The salad was delicious but spicy.  

I think I am liking Thai food.  Some of it is spicy but I am being careful with how much of the chilis I am putting in the food.  If I put the amount the recipe called for, my head would blow off.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!