Thursday, February 25, 2021

DAY FIFTY-EIGHT OF COOKING COURSE

 Today didn't go as planned.  First, I had a hard time getting going.  It was one delivery after another.  My food was delivered (except the new Ben & Jerry's flavor), then an Amazon package, then the post office picked up my package, and then another Amazon package.  I finally got going around 2pm.  

I made Fried Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauce on my first day of Vietnamese cooking.  It started out well with the veggies and tofu cut up and mixed with the vegan fish sauce and coconut cream.  It looked delicious. I rolled perfect spring rolls and they were ready to go into the oil.  They were the same rice wrappers I used last time only this time, the minute they went into the oil, the wrapper disintegrated.  I don't know what happened.  It was a big mess as all the ingredients from the spring roll floated around in the oil. At this point I decided to call it.  This was not going to work like my last round of fried spring rolls.  It may have been the sauce that made the spring rolls a bit wet.

I had to think on my feet and find another way to cook them. I decided to try baking them in the toaster oven on a piece of parchment.  It worked!  They weren't fried but baked.  The spring rolls still tasted delicious.  

They were so good I ate them all for dinner. Yum!

I went to a video "school" tonight and learned about Grizzlies. I learned the California Grizzly is extinct but there are like 15 types of Grizzly bears around the world.  It was super interesting.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!