Saturday, February 20, 2021

DAY FIFTY-FOUR OF COOKING COURSE

 The excitement this week never ends!  I got up and went to the post office to mail my mail and get my mail.  Lucky has not been feeling well (not to worry, just upset tummy) and I took my time getting out the door.  I drove down and got my mail.  I just got back in my car and my phone rang.  It was 7:35am on a Saturday.  It was the alarm company telling me my inside sensor went off.  No outside sensors went off so no doors or windows were opened.  After a momentary panic I figured out it had to be the dog.  This happened once with Happi.  It was her bark that set off the sensor, not her presence.  I am assuming the same thing was happening.  I told the guy this and he said he could not cancel it without my pin.  What was my pin?  I could not remember my pin.  This is not my first pin I have forgotten.  I am sure it will not be my last.  The problem with pins is that when you don't use them, you forget them.  I could remember my old, old one.  Not the current one so he said he had to call the police.  I explained that I was 2 min from home.  Nope that would not do. So, he called.  I got home and everything was fine.  Lucky was fine.  I remembered my pin now that I wasn't in a state of shock and called them back to see if they could cancel it.  Nope.  The police showed up at my door and I explained it was my dog and thanked them profusely.  This is only the first time the cops have had to come for a false alarm.  Other time I set the alarm out of habit and the dog walker came on his scheduled day and the alarm went off but I remembered my pin and stopped the police from coming.  My dog walker was terrified.  

Once again when the excitement calmed down, I cooked a scrumptious dish called Fried Morning Glory & Dipping Sauce. Although it is changed to Fried Spinach & Dipping Sauce.  I could not find any Morning Glory.  It was so good!  It was a lot of work for very little outcome. It was more of a party trick.  It was fun to make.  The spinach goes in the tempura and goes in the oil.  It fries and comes out crispy and delicious.  Then a dipping sauce is made from mango, spices and lime.  A little to hot for me but it was good and my friend S (who came by to get her curry from yesterday) had some and loved it.  


 Three more dishes and I move on to Vietnamese food.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!