Thursday, September 1, 2022

LUCKY MEDICAL CONCLUSION

This morning we woke up bright and early to take Lucky in for her ultrasound. She was a little difficult to get out of bed at such a bright and early hour but I finally got her in the car and she spent the morning at the vet's office. I finally got a call from the vet and it was a mostly good report. The vet said that ultrasound showed that her intestinal tract was horribly inflamed. That's what was probably causing her so much pain. I've been instructed to restart her steroids, flagyl and use the painkiller as needed. Then I should check in with him in a week. 

He also said that I need to stop the doggie diet that lucky has been on. He thinks she is out of fine weight and that the diet may have complicated the whole intestinal tract situation. I need to keep feeding her the carrots because they are obviously giving her needed fiber and I can go back to giving her doggie treats. He did say to continue to give her the different dog food and see how that works for her. He said that I can wait for the radiologist to read the x-rays but in his opinion there's no need to wait because he thinks the x-rays are fine and that that is not the main cause of Lucky's pain. Lucky's hips do have small amount of arthritis but not enough to be causing her the kind of pain she was in.

So as you can see dealing with the dog was basically my full day. But this evening she picked up a toy and wanted to play so that's progress. Then she ate all the food in her bowl and wanted more. So she's obviously feeling much better. I will send her with the dog walker starting next week.

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

Would love to hear what you have to say!