Saturday, September 17, 2022

DAY 1 OF STAYCATION (OR HOMECATION)

Today was the first day of my staycation. Or homecation as somebody in my family called it. The weather turned out to be reasonably okay although the impending rain is definitely on its way. The rain is supposed to start tonight and it's pretty clear that it is going to happen. But I did not let it deter me today.

The day started out with the first activity being clearing up the kitchen a little bit so that I could make my first recipe from the vegan cooking course cheese chapter. I made vegan Parmesan cheese. It is currently in the refrigerator fermenting and will be ready tomorrow for a trial tasting. Once the cheese was completed I took a shower and then Lucky and I went for a walk.

When Lucky and I got back from a walk I decided it was warm enough and sunny enough to sit in the backyard and read my book. I read the last couple of chapters of my current book and then started a new book that I want to finish in the next 3 weeks. I wanted to join a book club at my local library right before the covid lockdown but but that never happened and then the book club went into hiatus. The book club is now back and I am interested in the book that they are reading this month. So I thought I would try the book club out for a book club meeting in October. After about 25 minutes outside it got a little too for me so I came inside where I started my next activity.

I took out my VR (virtual reality) glasses I guess they're called and began taking virtual tours. The first couple of tours I took were through nature I went through a cave and I saw a waterfall. I can't remember where any of these places were but they were very beautiful. Then I went to another section and I did tour of some planets and the solar system it was very very cool to do virtual reality of the Milky Way. Then I looked up another site and I saw a virtual reality movie which I thought was very cool.

After playing with my glasses/goggles I'm not really sure what they're called, I got my delivery from Amazon and I had enough time to make chocolates. I made vegan dark chocolates with salted caramel inside and vegan milk chocolate with regular caramels inside. The caramels are also vegan made with coconut milk. They came out delicious although watch your teeth they will definitely pull out any fillings or crowns. I've been sucking on mine so as to not lose any teeth. 

After making dinner, I played with Lucky and now I'm settling down to watch a movie. Since the weather forecast is for rain all day tomorrow I have indoor plans all day. Although a friend contacted me today telling me that he is in town. He lives in Hawaii but he's passing through on his way back home. We are scheduled to do an outdoor visit at 11:30 a.m. pending the weather. If it's just drizzling we could stand outside but if it's downpouring but probably going to have to skip this visit. I'll be sad but there's not much I can do about it.

On day one I feel pretty relaxed and I'm happy that I thought in advance of things to do that bring me joy.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!