Monday, September 19, 2022

DAY 3 OF STAYCATION

Today started out slow. It felt like a normal Monday. It was overcast and not rainy but looked like it was going to rain. I woke up early enough to catch the end of the British Queens funeral. Then after letting Lucky outside to pee I fed her and the bird. After Lucky ate I let her out again. That's when I saw it. There were white-winged insects coming out of the ground in between the pieces of slate in my backyard and they were also ants. It was very disgusting but I knew it wasn't good so I ran upstairs and got insect repellent and immediately sprayed them. I did not let Lucky go outside. Later that day I took some all natural cleaning fluid and washed it down to get rid of that insecticide.

So after that fun start of the day and calling a pest control company to have them come out and do an assessment, I decided to relax for a bit. After Lucky went off to her day with the dog walker I then took a bath. 

In the afternoon I finished up my cheddar cheese balls and started on the smoked paprika cheese. This is my third cheese and I think I like this one so far the best. We'll see when it's finished.

After finishing up the cheese I relaxed until dinner and I decided to order in vegan fried rice and vegan fresh spring rolls. The fried rice was amazing I haven't had fried rice in many many years because most places put things in fried rice that I can't eat. I had fried rice once without the stuff I can't eat and the person made it so bland it was like eating plain rice with vegetables in it not very tasty. 

Now I'm settling down for the first night of the new season of TV.

Oh wait I forgot to mention that I was sitting here with Lucky and I heard my work phone ring and it turns out that I got a new client while I was here on my staycation so that was quite fortuitous. We have an appointment set up for next week when I get back from my staycation.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!