Wednesday, September 28, 2022

FOOT DOCTOR

Yes, I know it is a podiatrist but foot doctor sounds so much better. I went to the foot doctor today and he was so nice and funny. I really liked him a lot. I wish he was a primary doctor since mine is retiring. He was a great listener and he had more than one solution. He understood that I am not always easy to diagnose or solve. I could tell he was a bit surprised how bad my situation got. 

The diagnosis is that I injured my left Achilles and to try to make it better I stretched it incorrectly which made it worse. Then when it got worse, I began resting it. Then it tightened up which made it worse again. Then because I spent months resting it, my other Achilles got tight and it started to hurt. Now I have two feet that I can't walk on too much. 

He gave me a quick solution right away that involves a towel and stretching first thing in the morning. It is specific stretching.  Then I have to go to more physical therapy. It is complicated (as usual) because I have Raynaud's and I can't ice. Hopefully the therapy will help. I don't think this will be an easy fix for two reasons. 1. The PT is open ended. 2. He wants me to come back in six weeks. 

While waiting for the doctor, I got a text from the landscaper asking if his worker guy ever called me back. I told him no. He asked me if I was still interested and I said yes. He is going to organize a meeting. I think there may have been a phone issue. 

I also called the vet. This morning Lucky was very lethargic for the fourth day in a row. She didn't want to eat yesterday and this morning I made her favorite food, rice and chicken, and she didn't want to eat it. I finally coaxed her to eat some so I could give her the medicine. On top of that she has been sneak peeing. This can be a sign of a urinary tract infection. The vet is going to run the labs again to check and make sure she has not had anything go wrong. It may have been the pain meds I was giving her that made her feel bad so I stopped them. 

Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about both your foot and Lucky's issues. We in Indiana will be thinking of both of you.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!