Friday, September 2, 2022

I HAVE A FENCE!

 The fence was installed!! After weeks (and months) of trying to get my Trex fence installed, I have a fence! Two days ago I got a call saying they wanted to install the fence today and they would arrive between 8-10am. I felt like they were going to cancel at the last minute once they realized it was Labor Day Weekend. They had to come from a distance and the traffic going back was probably horrendous. 

They arrived at 7:20 am and I was in the shower. When I got out of the shower I saw they were outside. I called them and said I would be out in a few minutes. They said my jerk neighbor was yelling at them. Telling them they had to move the truck. He didn't ask them nicely instead he came out yelling. I got dressed and came outside just in time for the company boss to call me and tell me that they were going to cancel the job if the neighbor was going to verbally assault the men. I said I would handle it and I called another neighbor to ask his tenant to move his car. (of course it was the guy I gave a ticket to a few weeks ago when he parked in my driveway). The tenant came out and moved his car and I apologized for the ticket telling him I didn't know it was his car (it had out-of-state plates). The truck moved and everyone calmed down. 

The fence was installed. I bought the guys some lunch which made them happy. They were done by 2:30pm and got on the road. The fence looks so great. 


It was such an exhausting day that started with such trauma. 

Why do people have to be so abusive? Those workers did nothing to him. That neighbor is nothing but a bully who thinks he can get everything his way. 

I bought myself dinner because I wanted to celebrate. Black bean plantain burritos. 

 
Until tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. The fence looks fantastic. I love using trex for these projects. I say do it right once and stop the to.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!