Thursday, January 7, 2021

DAY TWENTY-EIGHT COOKING COURSE GERMAN FOOD ALL DAY

 Today was German food all day.  But first I have to tell you about my Amazon fun.

I woke up early and saw that an Amazon package was coming today.  It didn't say what time it was coming so I went back to sleep.  Obviously the package came while I was asleep because I woke up and Amazon said it was delivered.  The man never rang the doorbell.  I went to get it and it was opened.  Wait.  There was also another package there opened.  Wait.  There was three bottles of spa chemicals and a package of blueberries sitting there.  Okay time to check the security camera.  

Right after the delivery guy left, a woman came up my stairs and sat down.  She proceeded to open a box she brought (stolen) with her and took out spa chemicals.  She obviously was not happy about that and put them aside.  Then she opened my box and rummaged through it and only wanted the Popped Quinoa. She did not want the chopping boards or the Souper Cubes.  No, just my specially ordered $12 Popped Quiona for making German Sausage.  At least she had good taste!  She proceeded to leave me the blueberries and spa chemicals (in a trade I imagine) and took off down the street.  

I had to call Amazon and get a refund for the Popped Quinoa.  I also told them about the box she stole from a few blocks away.  Now I have more stuff that I don't want from Amazon.  I am going to set up a business of selling stuff that I accidentally get from Amazon.  Want to buy mint green bath towels?  How about a doormat?  Maybe spa chemicals?  

Then I had a virtual appointment with my RA doctor.  I am staying on the Orencia for another year.  I found out that I need to stop taking Orencia for one week prior to getting both Covid vaccinations.  This should be fun.  He warned me that this may be tricky since I take my shot on Tuesdays and I may get called up on a Friday, I would have to tell them I pass since I didn't skip my Orencia shot.  Oh, well, I am not going anywhere fast.  

So, to the German food.  I spent all afternoon making Schnitzel "Jager Style" with Fried Potatoes.  Basically it is a seitan schnitzel that is fried and then baked. Fried potatoes with tofu that are amazing. Topped with a mushroom sauce that is really flavorful.  I am coming around to the seitan flavor and texture.  

It was a lot to make and I have leftovers for days.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!