Tuesday, January 12, 2021

DAY TWENTY-NINE COOKING COURSE GERMAN SOUS-VIDE

 I cooked today!  I continued with the German chapter of the vegan cooking course.  I made Sous-Vide Portobella with Mashed Potatoes and Beets.  Doesn't that sound wonderful?  It was an exciting recipe to make.

First, I had to sous-vide the mushrooms.  It was a technique I have never done before.  I do not have a sous-vide machine so I had to do it the down-home way.  I vacuum sealed the mushrooms with spices and smoked oil.  Then I put it in a pot of hot water and had to keep the water at 154 degrees for 1.5 hours.  I got to use my fancy Infrared Thermometer to keep the water at the right temperature. 

 Meanwhile I made the mashed potatoes and beets.  I cooked both the potatoes and beets and mashed them together.  It is a bit messy with the beets but it makes the mash very sweet.

It tastes amazing and the mushroom is infused with the flavors from the smokey oil and spices.  I made two more mushrooms to eat tomorrow and I have tons of mash to eat for days.

I still have cable!  I don't know when they are going to turn it off.  Oh, well, I got to watch a show I was going to lose once the cable was cut off.  

I finally received my Orencia at 7:00pm tonight.  I was getting very nervous that it would not arrive today.  I am supposed to take my dose tonight but it arrived and is in the fridge.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!