Wednesday, January 13, 2021

DAY THIRTY COOKING COURSE SAUERKRAUT SOUP WITH GLUTEN-FREE SAUSAGE

 It was a long cooking day.  I decided to cook two things simultaneously.  I started with the Sauerkraut Soup (with tofu).  I am not a fan of sauerkraut so to me it doesn't taste very good.  I gave some to the dog walker and he loved it. His exact text was "Delicious!!!!!"  I offered him a dinner of sauerkraut soup and sausage on Friday.  I also offered the other half to my friend S.  I am glad people will enjoy the food.

Then I made Vegan Gluten-Free Sausages.  It was kind of fun to make them.  They are made out of rice, flax seeds and spices.  Then I rolled them into plastic wrap and put them in boiling water. They look like cigars.

As they boiled the plastic wrap sealed them from the water.  They cooked and then once they were done, I fried them a little bit.  

It makes a pretty dish.  I really liked the sausage with the dairy-free sour cream.  I will gladly give away the soup.  I am happy I bought a huge batch of plastic containers that I can give away. 

Tomorrow could actually be the final day of German food.  I will be happy about it.  German food is too heavy.  I am excited to move onto Japanese/Ramen and lighter food.  I am amazed that I didn't gain weight in Germany.  I have a little bit in the freezer to eat in a pinch in the future.

Oh, I still have free cable.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!