Saturday, January 9, 2021

CHRISTMAS IS OVER

 Christmas is officially over.  The decorations are all down and in the garage.  This year I am doing what I swore I would do last year. Then I went to Florida, my mother got sick, my most loved Happi got sick and passed on, then I got sick, then Coronavirus, then the leak where the Christmas boxes go and then the rodent problem right where the Christmas stuff is kept.  Funny during all that I never got around to putting my Christmas decorations in the plastic containers.  The Christmas stuff that I took out last year was still piled up in various places in my garage waiting (sadly) to go back in their bins.  This year it was easy to decorate because everything was still out and about.  

My plan this year is to go through the one last bin and chuck anything that has 1) not been used or 2) holds no significant emotional value.  If it is an ornament that I don't use and I got in a white elephant, it goes in the Good Will box.  I am clearing out.  I have an entire blue (those are the big plastic bins) of ornaments.  I don't even buy a full sized tree to put them on.  It is so daunting to look at that bin and see all those little boxes and realize I have to go through them all and decide "Keep" or "Donate" or "Toss".  I figure that will take a few hours.  But then I also figure the rest of my decorations will fit in that last bin and I will have an organized space once again.  Christmas in a Bin.  Well, Christmas in 4 Bins to be precise.  I have a lot of decorations.  When I put them all out my house looks like CHRISTMAS not just Christmas.  For years I have hired someone to help me decorate and lug the bins upstairs.  She was fabulous.  She loved to decorate and worked in theater production.  Unfortunately she moved to Europe to attend clown school.  

The house is back to it's usual  organization now and it seems right for the new year.  Lucky is happier. She gets discombobulated when it is Christmas time.  I think she gets anxious.  All the lights and noise and deliveries.  She likes it quite so she can sleep. 

I am going to watch Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman  1984 as a double feature.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!