Thursday, January 14, 2021

DAY THIRTY-ONE OF COOKING COURSE FINAL DAY OF GERMAN FOOD

 It was the final day of cooking German food!  Yay!  It was interesting cooking German food but I realized that German food is really heavy.  Today I cooked Seitan Steaks.  

I cooked the seitan steaks.  I photographed the steaks.  I tasted the steaks.  I threw away the steaks.  I just could not.  I liked the taste but the texture of seitan is not my favorite and I could not lie to myself and save them thinking I would eat them later.  I am not going to eat them later.  I would save them for a few days in the fridge and then throw them away.  I decided to cut to the end and just toss them.

German food is very brown.  Sausages, gravy, schnitzel, fried potatoes, mousse; it is all brown.  I can't wait to cook Japanese where there are vibrant colors.

I have one more German item coming tomorrow. I cooked it today but it has to chill overnight. It will be my favorite German recipe.

I ordered my items for next weeks' Japanese/Ramen cooking.  I can't wait for some soup and ramen.  

I still have free cable.  I wonder when they are shutting it off.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!