Thursday, November 12, 2020

DAY FOUR OF COOKING COURSE

 I understand my excitement for the cooking class is not everyone's cup of tea.  We are all going through a transition in our lives that we did not see coming.  I certainly did not think that in 2020 I would spend a better part of the year inside my house.  My year did not start out so great: I had my fall in December 2019 over the holidays which bleed into the New Year with me having to decide whether I was going on my long planned trip to Florida to spend New Year's Eve with family.  I finally felt well enough to take the trip and had a really good time until I got the call that my mother was in the ICU.  That sent the end of the vacation into chaos and concern.  I got home and my contract ended with my client (thankfully) but then I had no long term clients.  Happi got sicker and I had to transition her to pet heaven the week before Covid-19.  Then I got pneumonia and had to enter an emergency room at the beginning of the Covid-19 scare. 

That was the first THREE months of 2020.

To say that the next eight months have been significantly less exciting has really been a relief.  I really could not keep up that pace.  

This is why having something in my life like this cooking course is exciting for me and I understand probably not as exciting for you.  I am able to cook food that is interesting and out of the ordinary.  Yes, I could do it from random Youtube videos but with this course I am doing it as a class.  It has brought some happiness and cheer into my life even though I am still inside eight months later.  It also gives me something to look forward to for the next six or eight months.

On that note, today I made Polenta with Mushrooms.  Funny thing, I never made polenta before.  I always bought it from the store.  It is really easy to make.  I used corn meal ground from a mill near my home.  It made the polenta very rustic and not so creamy.  I could not find the mushrooms they used in the recipe but as the course says, substitute when you have to.  They still tasted great.

I ate it for lunch and it was very tasty.  The mushrooms made the dish.  I have more polenta for future meals.  I found out polenta can be frozen for short periods of time and reheated.  

I watched a Youtube presentation about jellyfish that was super interesting.  I am finding more and more webinars and presentations that are educational and interesting and creative.

Until tomorrow...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!