Sunday, November 8, 2020

STARTED THE COOKING COURSE

 Well, I decided to proceed with the cooking course. I tried the 7-day free trial and I really enjoyed the videos.  Today was the day I was supposed to try one of the recipes but something happened like a transformer blew and I lost electricity for 2.5 hours.  Once the electricity was turned back on, I had to catch up on the other items such as resetting my clocks and taking care of laundry (that was midway when the electricity was cut) and cooking seemed not as exciting that late in the day.  

The gardener came today and cleaned up the backyard. It looks wonderful.  We did not get to install the drip system because the timer is not working.  I opened up the box and plugged in the timer and nothing happened.  It just did not work.  I will have to call the manufacturer tomorrow and see what they can do.  Then once I can get the timer fixed/replaced I can have her come back and put the drip system in.  But the yard looks great for the winter and we talked about plans for the Spring.  We are going to remove a plant that has gotten to big for the space and replace it with a flowering plant that is more indigenous and water tolerant.  We are also going to plant some plants in the sand pit where the pond used to be.  I was told  when I filled it with sand that nothing would grow there.  Well, weeds and small plants keep growing there so we decided that since they can grow there, maybe some sand-based plants can grow there as well.  Such as a type of strawberry.  It would be nice to have some plants in the space instead of just sand.  

Seems that the fireworks are back in the neighborhood.  Folks started shooting off fireworks Saturday night and it has not stopped.  Poor Lucky was never bothered by them much before but these are very close and she is barking her head off with each boom.  I hope it stops soon.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!