Saturday, November 14, 2020

DAY SIX COOKING COURSE AND HAPPY DIWALI

This is a Mushroom Salad from my cooking course.  It was an easy recipe to make but it was so flavorful.  It tasted like a salad that you get at a restaurant.  I think the lemon zest and the fresh basil made it pop.  It was also very refreshing.   You can't really see it but there are tomatoes under the mushrooms.  There are tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, basil, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. 

I also made Coffee Ice Cream with my ice cream maker.  I finally finished the other two ice cream flavors I made a few weeks ago.  I decided Coffee with Chocolate Chunks would be delish. The coffee ice cream didn't come out as I thought it would; it tastes like an iced coffee with lots of milk in it.  Not exactly what I was going for but still good.  Next time I will add much more instant coffee.

Happy Diwali!  I read this great quote about Diwali today: Diwali's meaning is finding positivity in the moment, and being grateful for health and happiness.  I think that is a great reason to have a day.  I have been working on having a Diwali-type day every day.  I am trying to be positive through this experience and with my gratitude journal, I try and find gratitude in big and little things every day.  

I tried to watch a webinar on Stock Options today.  I am horrible about most things financial.  I know nothing about the stock market.  I thought I would learn.  I am here to admit I fell asleep 30 minutes into the presentation. Probably before.  At 30 minutes is when I woke up.  I was SO lost.  Strike price, OTM, Long...  It is worse than having to learn hockey terms.  I gave up and left the webinar.  

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!