Tuesday, November 24, 2020

DAY ELEVEN COOKING COURSE

 Today was supposed to be a full day.  I had groceries being delivered, a meeting and the first trial day of yoga. The groceries came on-time and everything was in the bag!  So exciting.  The meeting was postponed for a few weeks at the last minute and I ended up having the whole afternoon free.

I used the time to plan for the next few weeks of the cooking course.  Participating in this cooking course takes a significant amount of planning.  I have to make sure I have the correct equipment and supplies.  Then I have to buy the correct ingredients. Some of the ingredients are not available in the supermarket so that means I have to special order them from an online store. Sometimes the ingredients so not arrive for weeks so I have to do logistical planning to make sure I don't get ingredients that will spoil when I don't have the other ingredients.  So planning is a major part of this course.  Today I made a list of the items I need for the next few chapters that way I can start to plan what ingredients are duplicates and what ingredients I can get ahead of time.  

I was supposed to get a delivery of juniper berries today but I got a notification that they were delayed in Austin, Texas.  I am hoping they will arrive tomorrow so I can cook with them on Wednesday or Thursday.  

Then I tried a free yoga class.  I said tried.  I have never been able to do yoga.  It is too hard on my wrists, hands, hips, ankles, and knees.  I know people always say that yoga is good for people with RA but I don't see it happening for me.  Just sitting on the floor is so incredibly painful.  Then I can't lay my hands flat on the floor so I have to put the weight on my knuckles and that is not good.  The transitions from one position to another were so hard, I can't move my joints that fast.  I did it for 23 minutes and then I gave up.  Oh, well.  I did increase my stationary bike riding to 45 minutes from 30 minutes.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!