Friday, November 13, 2020

DAY FIVE COOKING COURSE

 I spent my morning doing some reading for my cooking course.  I learned about Italian pasta and pizza and the history of Italian food.  Then I planned my next cooking adventures.  I have a refrigerator full of vegetables and I need to make sure I use up the veggies that will spoil first.  

I put the pumpkin risotto on hold while I use up more delicate vegetables.  I plan on making a Mushroom Salad to use up the mushrooms from the Polenta dish.  Then I have a bunch of tomatoes that need to get used so I am making Pomodoro Tomato Sauce that I will also use to make soup and ragout.  

It rained this afternoon.  It rained!  It is supposed to rain all night.  It has been so long since it rained for a sustained length of time.  I am not a fan of sustained rain but I have kind of missed it.  I will take it for a night.  I know the weeks of rain are coming and with Covid-19 lock down it is going to be hard with dark days and days of rain.  I think soup and homemade pasta are in order!  Just the thing for a cold rainy day, don't you think??

Lucky went to the beach in the rain today. Isn't she cute?

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!