Saturday, November 28, 2020

THREE MONTHS OF EXERCISE ANNIVERSARY

 This week was the first week of me exercising for 45 minutes five times a week.  Biking for 45 minutes is not that much of a difference from 30 minutes.  I have been biking between 8 and 9 miles for 45 minutes.  Walking 45 minutes on a treadmill is a little harder.  It is very hard on my hip joints.  By about 40 minutes I am almost limping.  Then it takes a few days to recover.  I had the same problem when I started walking 30 minutes so I need to get used to walking longer.  

I think the longer I work at exercising and increasing my time and speed will help.  I need to just stick with it.  I just finished working out five times a week for 12 weeks.  That is 3 months!  I have not worked out for three months continuously since college when I was on the swim team and I swam every day!  We won't talk about how long ago that was.  

I have been doing various types of exercise.  I think that is the trick.  I bike on the stationary bike, I walk on the treadmill, I walk to a walking DVD that has a number of different types of walks, I do Zumba, I do floor mat work, I do yoga, I meditate, and I hoola hoop.  The diversity helps keep it fresh.  I have other DVDs and VCR tapes I haven't tried.  I just need to keep it up even after the Covid shut in time.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!