Thursday, November 26, 2020

DAY THIRTEEN COOKING COURSE & HAPPY THANKSGIVING

 Happy Thanksgiving!  While being alone with my dog and bird, I decided to mostly cook today.  

I first made Bean Cream Soup.  It had a few glitches but it tasted really good.  I have plenty for a few days.  I am excited to eat it tomorrow.


This photo is a Bouquet Garni.  I never made one before.  It is where you put all the herbs and vegetables wrapped in a leek and tied with a string.  Then you put the whole thing in the broth or soup while you cook it and hang/tie the string to the pot so you can fish it out later.  This one has carrot, celery, parsley, basil, sage and rosemary all tied up in a leek.  I would have garlic too but I can't have garlic.  

Later in the day I made Pumpkin Risotto.  By then family and friends were calling and I kept having to stop to take phone calls so it probably didn't turn out the way it should have.  It was really good but there were also issues.  I used Arborio rice instead of the rice they said (it was supposed to be a substitute) but it took longer to cook.  If I make it again, I will prepare for the longer cook time.  I had two servings it was so good.

I watched my favorite Thanksgiving movie: Free Birds about some turkeys who go back in time and try to stop the first Thanksgiving from eating turkey.  

Overall, it was a nice day.  I know some were worried I was alone but I am alone most holidays and I am okay with it.  I got to zoom with some family members and had phone calls with others.  

Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!