Monday, November 16, 2020

VERY UNHAPPY PUPPY

 Poor Lucky woke me up this morning at 5 am with a tummy ache.  Then she woke me at 6 am.  Then at 7 am.  Then I got up at 8 am.  She was crying and whining and walking around.  She went upstairs and downstairs.  She was a very unhappy puppy.  

Yesterday she was having a hard time breathing again.  A few months ago she had a upper respiratory infection and had to be on antibiotics for months.  She hated the antibiotics even though I had them flavored with chicken and bacon.  She didn't fall for the masking of the flavor even with a stuffy nose.  She sniffed it out if I put it on her food and hated it when I shoved it down her throat.  She started having a hard time breathing again and I gave her the antibiotics again yesterday.  It upset her stomach overnight.

I called the veterinarian this morning and he suggested I give her antibiotics again (already done) and he said she might get an upset tummy (already has one).  He didn't seem worried and said to call back in a week or two to give an update.  By the time she returned from the dog walker she was ravenous and ate all her food.

Because I spent my whole morning taking care of the dog baby, I had to skip my cooking course today.  Call it a sick day taking care of my dependent.  Tomorrow I will work on Pomodoro tomato sauce. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!