Tuesday, November 10, 2020

DAY 2 COOKING COURSE

I realized that if I am going to do this cooking course I would have to schedule my day each day to make sure I had enough time to work, exercise, and work as well as all my other tasks such as eating, taking care of animals, showering, leisure activities, education webinars, and medical appointments.  Oh, yeah and sleep!  I want to make sure that I don't waste this chance to learn as much as I can during this course.

I decided to make Walnut Pesto today while I waited for my grocery delivery.  Walnut Pesto has very few ingredients: walnuts, basil and oil are the main ingredients.  I made it and while I made it I realized that I need to clear off my kitchen counters.  My counters have become cluttered during the pandemic with all the extra stuff that I bought and have showed up.  I need to find homes for things.  Maybe it is time to clear out some of my cabinets.  

The walnut pesto turned out pretty well.  I made it today because I am planning to make gnocchi tomorrow.  The walnut pesto would be so fantastic on it.  The pesto tastes like a nutty dressing to be honest.  It is the kind of pesto I can eat since I can't eat garlic.  

I received groceries today so I can make a few actual recipes in the next few days now that I have the ingredients.  

I am currently on a webinar about Ruth Asawa. Ruth was an American sculptor.  Her family immigrated from Japan and she was born in the USA.  Her family was interned during World War II.  She became an artist after being told she could not become a teacher because she was Japanese.  Her art is shown at the major art museums.  

Ruth Asawa Wikipedia

 It is so interesting to learn about new things.  I am learning so many new things that I would have a hard time attending in person pre-Covid-19.  I hope the world learns from this remote world.

Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!