Sunday, November 15, 2020

VR TRIP TO GREECE AND TURKEY

 I took a break from my cooking course today.  I needed a break.  I also needed to cook some food to sustain me for the week.  I don't always make enough with each cooking course item to have enough for a few meals.  I made Vegan Curry Butternut Squash Soup with Kale.  I made this before and it is one of my favorites.  It is really good when it is cold and rainy which it is going to be this week.  It has a kick with some dried red chili flakes.  I had 1/2 of a butternut squash leftover from making that delicious Moroccan Stew a few weeks ago and it needed to be cooked before it went bad.  

I was supposed to do a Zoom meet up but something went wrong with the invitation and I got frustrated and decided to skip it.  I miss my friends but sometimes the frustration is not worth it.  I don't think the person sending out the invite knows how to do it.

Instead I spent sometime with my VR Glasses.  I explored Kavala Castle in Greece and Damlatash Cave in the Alanya district of Antalya Province, in southern Turkey.  I love seeing the places through my VR Glasses but today I got a bit dizzy.  I think I need to limit looking at the ceilings of the sites.  The view from the Castle in Greece was amazing with blue waters and made me want to visit there.  The caves were amazing but I got a little dizzy looking all around.  When we were kids we went to many a cave while camping.  I learned all about stalagmites and stalactites during those trips.  I loved going in the caves as a kid.  We only worried about slipping on the wet rocks and bats getting in our hair!  I remember it being a lot of fun.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!