Monday, April 1, 2013


Happy Easter everyone! I spent my day watching a movie (Argo), catching up on some recorded TV shows, going to see an open house and cooking. It was raining so I was unable to do any work outside. Yesterday I was outside until it rained. I cleaned up, installed a new sensor light and rearranged the furniture. I want to be able to sit outside in a chair in the sun. Currently we only have plastic chairs but want to buy some new furniture that is more comfortable.

When I woke up I decided to try my new waffle maker. I thought the waffle maker was great but the waffle mix I used left something to be desired. I won't use that mix again. The waffles were dry. But they were cooked and crispy! Yay!

I love eggplant Parmesan but I rarely order it because most places don't make it the way I like. I like my eggplant cut real thin. I like it cooked well but not soggy. I don't like it when there are seeds in it. I know there are seeds in all eggplants but some eggplants have less seeds. I found this recipe online and thought I would try it. It was great! I can't wait to have an eggplant parm sandwich tomorrow. I will add this into my rotation. Yum!

Then I made a cauliflower casserole. This is a way I can get Brenda to eat cauliflower. She loves this and eats seconds.

This was a day to eat well! I am just rolling around, I am so full. I have to get back to working out tomorrow.

Today I had to put Lucky's collar on. She has these special collars with pheromones on them. The pheromones are supposed to calm her down and make her less aggressive. We took her last pheromone collar off about 1.5 months ago and didn't put another one on. We thought we would test her and see if the collars are doing any good. After 1.5 months we determined that the collar does calm down her attitude and make her less aggressive. So the collar went back on today. She was SO unhappy. First she ran around and tried to rub it off like she does when we put the flea medication on. Then for a long time we couldn't find her. We thought maybe she had gotten into our bedroom and was on the bed. I went down to look for her and here is where she was: She was up on a box, on a towel we have out to dry off the dogs when they come in from the rain, in the entry outside our bedroom. She was all curled up pouting. When I came up to her she didn't even growl, she just looked so pitiful! She stayed there for about 3 hours. Then I guess she got over it and forgave me and came upstairs.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!