Monday, April 8, 2013

TWO ICONIC IMAGES PASSED ON

This morning was weird. I woke up to hear that Margaret Thatcher "The Iron Lady" had died. I didn't know she had Alzheimers. She had been the Prime Minister practically my whole life. At least the part of my life when I knew there was such a thing as a Prime Minister in Britain. She was also the Prime Minister when I was in school in London. I studied at the University of London studying British politics and theatre.

Then later in the day I got an alert that Annette Funicello passed away. First a Prime Minister and then a Mousketeer. Annette died from complications due to multiple sclerosis, a disease she battled for over 25 years. Annette was also the star of many Beach Blanket films some with Frankie Avalon. Who can forget Annette dancing on the beach in her bikini? Okay, who over the age of 45 can forget those images?

What a day.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!