Thursday, April 18, 2013

STILL ALIVE; NO THANKS TO THAT DRIVER

Today I went to a client meeting. It was a nice day. I had the top down on my car. Yes, I had long sleeves and a hat on. I decided to stop at a Subway to get a veggie sandwich. I parked in the parking lot and walked to the crosswalk. That is where it all happened.

I stopped at the crosswalk and looked both ways. It was one of those pedestrian crosswalks that has the black and white stripes (or zebra crossing as they say in England). That means that the car has to stop. It also had the yellow sign with the little man walking.

I started walking and got 1/4 of the way and a car went through the crosswalk going the other way. I continued walking and when I got to the 1/2 way mark, a car went through the crosswalk kind of fast. I was right in the middle of the street when the car went through the crosswalk. The car practically ran over my toes! As she went flying by the woman looked out her side window and looked shocked that I was standing there. I guess she didn't see me! I guess if she had bothered to slow down... I gave her a look, like, WTF.

I continued across the street (nothing was going to stop me from my Subway sandwich) and got safely to the other side of the street. There were two older gentleman in a cafe and they looked at me and made the hand sign of one inch with their fingers and kind of laughed. I knew what they were saying, She missed me by an inch. It is true. If I had taken one more step, she would have flattened me like a pancake. I don't know if she was distracted or what, but she should not have been driving like that. She almost cost me my life.

But I am here still. All in one piece. And I got Subway!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!