Saturday, April 20, 2013

TOO MUCH SUN AT THE DRILL

Today was the yearly drill for the neighborhood emergency responders. We all get dressed up in our vests and hard hats and show up at a designated spot and run disaster drills. We set up an incident command tent and go put out a fire and practice triage. After this week it really felt like we were doing something to get ready for an emergency.

I put out a fire, walked to a make believe car accident and reported back and got a dummy out from under a 1,000 pound beam using cribbing. I didn't do triage this time since I just did it a few weeks ago.

I put on sunscreen but since it was a really sunny day, I got a little sunburn. I have found that when I get a sunburn I get very tired. I came home from the drill and took a nap. I was out for almost two hours. I don't know what makes me so tired. Sometimes I feel very sick if I get too much sun. I have to be so careful.

I am getting tired again.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!