Thursday, April 25, 2013

ANOTHER DOCTOR VISIT

I woke up this morning and the left side of my back hurt again. Only this time it hurt worse. I could barely stand, it hurt so bad. This time it wasn't just in spot like on Monday. This time it was the whole area from under the shoulder blade to the top of my hip. It is weird because it doesn't hurt along my spine like you would think. It is all in that fleshy part. Even the shower water hurt.

I went to my previously scheduled physical therapy appointment but told her NOT to touch my back until I figure out what is wrong with it. She very carefully worked on my neck.

I called my doc first thing when they opened and got an emergency appointment. I also found out the test results from the urinalysis test on Monday: negative. No kidney infection. Good news.

I went to see the doc and he poked and prodded and decided that I have probably tweaked (technical term) my L1 and T12 vertebrae and pinched a nerve along a muscle that runs laterally. Which is why I feel no pain along my spine. But just to be safe he sent me down for X-rays just to make sure I have not fractured my spine. We all know what a delicate flower I am. There was a LONG line at x-ray so that took a long time. (This diagram is from http://ctspinedisc.blogspot.com/2012/03/transition-areas-of-spine-what-are-they.html)



Now I am on pain killers and muscle relaxers. There are no more anti -inflamatories I can take. I can't tolerate Motrin or Celebrex. So, now I am sitting here waiting for the relaxer to relax me. At bed time I will take the pain killer. Last time I took Vicodin it didn't do anything for me, so I don't hold out hope there. I do hope the muscle relaxer will help my neck too!

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear what you have to say!