Thursday, April 4, 2013

BOOK HOARDER OR NOT

I went to a book sale where I bought books for $2 each. The books were new and pretty recent. I got some good books but out of the four that I wanted I only found one.

I bought Major Pettigrew's Last Stand, Fly Away Home, Night Road, Mermaid in Brooklyn , The Florabama Ladies Auxiliary & Sewing Circle. I wanted to also find The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie and The Uninvited Guests. No luck!

I really have been waiting to read Major Pettigrew's Last Stand. It sounds like a good read. I also heard Mermaid in Brooklyn was good.

I am also really into Kris Radish books and wanted to find Searching for Paradise in Parker, PA. Her books are such a fun and fast read.

I know the last thing I need is to buy more books. I go through phases where I read all the time and then I only read a little bit. Like right now I have so much to do I don't read very much. I don't have time. But when I do I will have books ready to read. Some day I will have time to read all the books I own. Maybe I am a book hoarder! I keep buying and buying. Although this time I controlled myself. I only bought 5 books. Last time I bought 1/2 a grocery bag full of books.

I have bought a few books on my iPad and I sometimes like it. I don't always like having my books on my iPad. It is dangerous to carry an iPad out in public these days so I don't really like to carry it outside. People have their iPads stolen off the bus or train all the time. Or have their bags stolen. In that case I would rather carry a book because no one wants to steal a book.

Now I am happy I have more books even if it means I am a book hoarder!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I loved Major Pettigrew's Last Stand! It's a wonderful book, Adrienne! I love books, too. I have four tall bookshelves and one shorter one full of books at home. I got a Kindle reader several years ago, though, because it was becoming too painful for hold a book open for more than a couple of minutes at a time. I'm SO glad for the Kindle, but I still love reading a real book more. There's something subtle missing in reading from an e-reader.

    Book hoarder? Join the crowd!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear what you have to say!